Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday, Peeves, and Happy Thoughts

Holy shit...it's here. Ash Wednesday. Holy, but not necessarily holy shit, I guess.

If ya read my last post, you know that this is a big day for me: the first day of my vegan-lenten experience. Since it's about 2:30 AM, I'm not in the thick of it yet, and won't be eating anything for a quite a while...just nervously excited. Why nervously? Well, I don't want to fail. Fuck that, it's not an option.

Over the next 40+ days I plan on checking in on here relatively often. I'll give updates on how I feel, which recipes are shit, which are great (feel free to send me any you personally enjoy), etc. Also, though, since I'll be exercising (not exorcising) my spiritual side as well, I'll probably want to wax philosophical on that ass...be forewarned.

Which reminds me of a HORRIBLE pet peeve of mine. Ya know, I don't spend a huge amount of time on Facebook or Twitter, but every day I feel like I should spend even LESS of my time and energy on that bullshit. Why? I can't stand reading posts from the whiny fucks on there that never have anything positive to say. EVER.

You hate the inconvenience of having kids, but contraception is the devil. Your husband/ wife sucks ass (and not in a good way). Your boss is unfair, but you don't have the balls to change jobs. Poor people are what's wrong with this country. The batteries ran out on your vibrating buttplug but you don't feel like you should have to go buy some new goddamn batteries because it's your spouse's fault for not stocking up. You're a housewife, but complain about people on welfare. Liberals are trying to take away your guns. Your face and body look like crumpled leather, but you refuse to give up tanning. Your gut hangs over your jeans because you eat too much and don't work out but life is shitting on you. Cigarettes cost too much. The world is against you. You live with your parents but are upset when your $500 generic-looking pair of Jimmy Choos get scuffed.

FUCK.

Life is too damn short to be this miserable. There is good in everyone's life somewhere. Find it and be fucking thankful for it! If it's difficult to find, CREATE something wonderful out of your life. Try to right the wrongs. Why sit around in emotional garbage when there is so much life to see and experience all around you?! If your kids are on your nerves, appreciate the fact that they're here to get on your nerves...some people (like myself) that have miscarried or lost a child after giving birth would trade spots with your ungrateful ass in a heartbeat.

Grow some fucking compassion. Instead of being a snob over someone else's lack of wealth, race, sexual orientation, etc., accept that different does not equal wrong. Let them lead their lives, and you lead yours without hatred or intolerance. You're just as imperfect as everyone else that you look down upon, Asshole.

If it sounds like I'm being a hypocrite, maybe I am...a bit. Everyone is to some degree. Reading whiny posts everyfuckingday gets under my skin, which shouldn't, and that's 100% my fault. I just really wish everyone would get over their own insecurities, stop projecting negativity onto others, and have some accountability for their own actions. That's why this is the end of that conversation.

...

After that purga, I need to talk about something positive. Here's a list of some of my current favorite things/ people/ etc:

  • Pure ATS bellydance. Yes, I LOVE tribal fusion (in solo form), but my true love is American Tribal Style (when dancing in a group). I list this as "current" because Tribal Motion has been recently getting back to our ATS roots, and rediscovering the strength and beauty of this format.
  • Kid Fury videos. He's one of the funniest people on YouTube without having to try, is 100% himself, and I adore him.

  • Anagram and cryptogram games. Yes, I'm an English nerd. We knew this.
  • Beats Antique Pandora station. The music is Middle Eastern dance influenced, so isn't for everyone, but is right up my alley. I shouldn't say that since my name is Ali...sounds like I'm talking about my vag, which I'm not...lol.
  • Old-school Gypsy caravans. I want one (a caravan, not a gypsy...owning people es muy mal).
  • Donna Mejia. Unbelievable.




  • Frank Sinatra's voice. Italian swagger...gets me :)
  • Watching weird/ artsy foreign films. Especially French...don't know why. They're usually either incredible or a horribly-fun trainwreck, so entertaining either way.
  • Dark chocolate peanut butter. Do I need to explain this?
  • John Fugelsang. Smart and hilarious.


Ahhh...makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment